Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 7, 2016

I caught these killdeers in a field near my home while playing with my dogs. I ran home and grabbed my camera and got these shots; I wish the shot of the chick was sharper but it is better than nothing. There was a pair of adults and 3 chicks. The parents split up, one herded the chicks under a pine tree to hide and the other tried to lure me away. It was a blast watching and photographing these birds. I had noticed them hanging around the last couple days but did not realize they had young.

When I took the first shot I was able to get close enough that I did not have to crop the shot to fill the frame



I made an early morning trip to the creek below the dam at Hoover Reservoir. While these pictures are not spectacular it was my first real shot of the Baltimore oriole.



2 comments:

  1. More Great Images! I love the little Killdeer, hope it survives the Great Photographer and his hunting dogs!
    I like the Oriole, with all the Sycamore seeds hanging among the new leaves. Interesting setting, with the contrasting look of intent in the Oriole. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I saw the chicks before my yellow lab saw them! Thanks for looking Adelle;)

      Delete