Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May 4, 2016

I made a short visit to Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area on the south shore of Sandusky Bay near Sandusky Ohio yesterday afternoon. I spent a few hours walking the perimeter of the very well managed man made marshes and saw a wide variety of waterfowl and other birds. I took 700 or so pictures and whittled it down to what is posted here.

There were 3 bald eagles hanging around that were just too far away for a good shot. I was excited to see the warblers, these are the first shots I have taken of them, several variety's around but the yellow presented the best shots. Another first was shooting the ruddy ducks, I had just never had a chance at them. I also missed out on a very nice drake pin-tail and some cormorants that I just could not get close to.

All things considered I absolutely need to make another trip to this property when I can spend an entire day.






4 comments:

  1. Oh you got a Ruddy Duck, and a GOOD one! Yes! And adorable yellow warbler, too--a great day-I love them! Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am very proud of the warbler! These are the first ruddy's I have ever seen I think. Thanks as always for your kind words and encouragement.

      Delete
    2. You created a picture of sunshine and happiness!

      Delete