Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 28, 2015

I visited Bald Knob (enough with the jokes) Wildlife Management Area near Bald Knob (stop it!) Arkansas today. There are still some waterfowl species present although, many of the birds have moved north. I had good looks at some of the birds today as you will see. I was very pleased to get the blue winged teal and the egrets. Other species I was able to identify but not get good shots at include northern shovelers, mallards, white front and snow geese, American coots, and a pair of bald eagles. Interestingly I also flushed a pretty nice covey of bobwhite quail; they were unexpected and quite startling! A dozen or so of them I would guess.

This is likely the last entry I will be making before leaving Arkansas; should be headed back to Ohio at the end of next week. As always I hope you all enjoy the pictures, please feel free to comment!

Blue Winged Teal









Great Egret








Blue Heron






2 comments:

  1. Other then your cover shot. The pics of the Blue Winged Teal, are my new favorites. What a cool creature! Nice work in Bald Knob! (LOL)

    ReplyDelete