Saturday, March 14, 2015

March 14, 2015

Up until now I have added new pictures to existing posts that were sorted out by species. I have decided to post my new shots in a single post by date, and sort them by species in the new post. I think this will help the viewer see what's new without having to go into old posts. Any new viewers I hope will take a few minutes and go through the older stuff; there are some shots in the archives I am really excited about. I hope everyone enjoys the new system. Might as well get started right now, I got these shots at Blendon Woods Metro Park this afternoon. Please comment and let me know what you like. My favorite shot today is the hen and drake ring-necks together.

Bluebill


Ring-neck Ducks







America Wigeon 






3 comments:

  1. The Ring necked pictures are superb! I like the one with his head turned the best-really shows off his markings. This is such a striking duck to see up close. Lucky YOU! I'm so envious. And Wigeons too! You're killing me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adelle, the secret location of this photo shoot was Blendon Woods...I got the widgeons just as the last bit of ice was breaking up which added some interest I thought. The other thing I have figured out is to get there an hour and half before sunset, during this time the sun is at that low angle that makes everything glow.

      The ringneck shots were taken at the same time. I took the shot of drake and hen together and had it printed on canvas which turned out very nice. Printing it on canvas softens the pic a bit and it looks almost like a painting.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete