Saturday, July 23, 2016

July 23, 2016

I made an early morning trip up to Delaware  Wildlife Area again this morning. I had hoped to see the green herons that I saw last week but they were either not around or hiding somewhere. What I did see were a group of belted king fishers chasing each other around the pond and catching small fish. King fishers have been on the list of birds I want to shoot and prior to today I have had an extremely difficult time getting close to them. I actually had one perch in a tree I was next to and was so close the camera couldn't focus on him.

There were a nice group of wood ducks hanging out, I am fairly certain they were probably all hatched together this spring. The pond I was at is somewhat isolated and gets very few human visitors as the entire area around it is completely overgrown and access is fairly miserable which is good for me and the birds as it keeps others away!





No comments:

Post a Comment