Saturday, July 16, 2016

July 16, 2016

Made an early morning trip up to Delaware Wildlife Area this morning. I started at the marsh where I had caught the sand-hill cranes the other day. There were a bunch of herons in there that I could not possibly get close to and some wood ducks. I shot the deer in a field behind the marsh, I like the running shot the most of those. I had not sprayed up and the mosquitoes made me absolutely miserable so I went to a different area and applied repellent.

The second place I went was a pond that I think gets no human visitors; it is isolated by very thick
 ( and wet with dew this morning) cover. At this pond were a treasure trove of wading birds, mainly herons, both great blue and green herons. The greens I could not get close to so not any really good shots of them I will show one  not particularly great shot. There were two kingfishers buzzing around that just would not come my way for a close up, they are on the short list of birds I really want to photograph.

There were a good number of sandpipers working on the floating mats of vegetation, really cool to watch them!






No comments:

Post a Comment