Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 20, 2016

I shot these pictures along Big Walnut Creek in Westerville Ohio last evening. I have caught the merganser a couple of times in that spot over the last few days and I think I got him to pose pretty well this time; tell me what you think in the comments!

The wood ducks were fairly cooperative and I just don't seem to get tired of watching them. I set up on the creek bank wearing a 3D camouflaged jacket and hood. I also wrapped the white camera lens in camouflage fabric and fastened it into place with rubber bands. I am either going to make camouflage sleeves for the legs on my tripod or simply paint the entire thing. The merganser swam past just about 30 feet in front of me, the wood ducks were about 30 yards away. Wood ducks are extremely skittish and will not stick around if they see anything resembling a human.  I watched and photographed these birds for 30 minutes and they had no idea I was there, it was great fun to say the least.

I was able to get shots of both a downy woodpecker and a pileated woodpecker, unfortunately the pictures were just not good enough to publish here. I'll keep working on them and hopefully get some nice shots on them soon.




2 comments:

  1. Love the Hoodie! You've captured him showing off and I have never seen anyone do this. It is so fun to watch them. You GO Matt!

    ReplyDelete