Sunday, April 10, 2016

April 10, 2016

I made another trip up to Delaware Wildlife Area this morning anticipating good morning light; it was overcast again. I did get some more shots of teal flying that I am posting. I caught a wood duck hen up on a dead tree that is littered with holes, I suspect she may be nesting in one of the holes. I took some shots of these shore birds that I believe may be some variety of sand piper (no positive ID on them yet).

Due to the poor light I deleted many of the pictures I took. Species identified included blue wing teal, green wing teal, ring necked ducks, wood ducks, mallards, red heads, buffle heads, Canada geese, hooded merganser, coots, and grebes.









3 comments:

  1. Awesome Matt! These are wonderful. I like all of them.
    I like the wood duck too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as always; you are too kind!

      Delete
    2. Just looked at all these again--really love them all--each image is full of the spirit of flight and absolutely wonderful. It's not kindness. It's genuine admiration and a shared love of the subject. We just drove around the res-the 3 loons were right by the roadside-but the sun backlighting them, couldn't watch--kicking myself for not being there while it was cloudy. Also we got a dozen more egrets at the marsh! But there were men fishing by the road, so they were away off. Hope you have more to post soon.

      Delete