Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April 5, 2017

I have made my way into Virginia for a couple weeks, should have some good opportunities to do some shooting in some interesting places. I hope to have time to go up to Chesapeake Bay and see what I can get into up there.

I shot these last night at Dutch Gap Wildlife Area just south of Richmond. This area lies along the James River and is interestingly located directly adjacent to a power plant. Lots of marsh and flooded lowland timber. I took the pictures of the wood ducks out the window of my car; I was driving along the edge of flooded woods and was able to stop and take a couple hundred shots of them.

The mockingbird perched on a branch very close to me, I normally do not shoot back lighted subjects. While this may not be technically great I think it works pretty well.  The red-winged blackbird posed nicely for me. I have had a difficult time getting good shots on the RWBB in the past and I really like this one.







No comments:

Post a Comment