Saturday, February 25, 2017

February 25, 2017

I made a trip up to Delaware Wildlife Area last night and again early this morning. I was delighted to find some good numbers of early waterfowl migrating.The species I was able to identify were blue winged teal, green winged teal, wood ducks, pin-tail, gadwall, ring-necked ducks, and American widgeon, I was very surprised to see and get some shots of a trio of sand hill cranes.

This is the pin-tail drake; not a terrific shot but better than nothing.
 These are the sandhill cranes nicely silhouetted against the evening sky.

 Ring-necked drake
 Green wing teal drakes and hen.
 I am fairly certain these are gadwalls.

2 comments:

  1. I love the ring neck. It's so clear. Almost looks like a decoy. Ha Ha. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good image of the Green-winged Teal here. I really like this. It almost fools you into seeing it as three images. Cool. Not a common duck here, either. Great work Matt. And the cranes silhouetted is a very nice image. I like the feeling. Yes, I would be excited to see a Pintail, too, that's certain. Excellent image of the Ring necked also, he is really stretching his neck out for you. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete